Wendy Jane Crewson is a veteran Canadian actress and producer. She has achieved immense popularity with her appearances as Dr. Dana Kinney in Saving Hope, Sue Rodriguez, the ALS sufferer who wants the right to die, or President Harrison Ford’s wife in Air Force One. Above all, her presence in the Entertainment industry over 3 and a half decades has earned a hundred other titles to her name.
Table of Contents
Wendy Crewson Biography:
Wendy Crewson was born on May 9, 1956, in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. She is now about 66 years old.
She is approximately 5’9″ tall and her approximate body weight is about 61 kg. Her Zodiac sign is Taurus.
Her parents were June Doreen and Robert Binne Crewson. She, along with her brother Brad Crewson, was admitted to John Rennie High School in Pointe-Claire to complete their elementary education.
From an early age, Wendy started to manifest an interest in acting, and therefore after completing her elementary education she went to Westwood Collegiate School. While she was still studying in 10th grade, she got the opportunity to act in ‘ The Boyfriend’
Later she went to Queen’s University and there she received the Lorne Greene Award for her excellent performance in the theatre. After a couple of months, she moved to London and attended the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art to polish her acting skills.
Thereafter, she returned to Canada in 1980 and then landed her first major role in the Television Movie ‘ War Brides ‘ followed by a role in the TV Series ‘ Home Fires ‘
In addition to this, her guest appearance on the TV Series ‘The Littlest Hobo ‘(1981) is also remarkable.
The year 1982 is a conspicuous chapter in the history of wendy Crewson’s career because in this year she debuted in the Hollywood film industry with the movie ‘ Mazes and Monster’ where she was cast opposite Tom Hanks.
In the next couple of years, Wendy’s vacillation between movies and tv shows could be seen. However, she decided to move to the US with her husband Michael Murphy and therefore the couple got settled in California in the late 1980s. Although she got settled in the US, she never stopped returning to Canada and thereby produced super hit movies like ‘ Sleeping Dogs ‘ ( released in 1998 in Canada).
Wendy Crewson’s career skyrocketed in the 1990s as she appeared in numerous iconic and commercially successful movies.
Wendy Crewson Movies and TV Shows :
Best Wendy Crewson movies
The Santa Clause
Scott Calvin inadvertently knocks a Santa Clause on Christmas Eve making him unconscious. Now he and his young son take responsibility for Santa’s trip and deliveries, they go to the North Pole, where Scott learns he must become the new Santa and convince those he loves that he is true, Father Christmas.
Air Force One
Russian terrorists hijack the aircraft with the president and his family on board. The commander-in-chief is engulfed in a moral dilemma – surrender to the terrorists and sacrifice his family or risk everything sticking to his principles.
What Lies Beneath
Claire Spencer suddenly starts to hear extraterrestrial voices and see eerie images. She gets convinced that an extramundane spirit is trying to contact her. Meanwhile, her husband tries to convince her by telling her that it’s all her imagination. But Claire’s further investigation reassures her that her husband is not the same person she hitherto knows.
The Good son
A young boy stays with his aunt and uncle and befriends his cousin who’s the same age. But his cousin begins showing increasing signs of psychotic behavior.
Manny Singer’s wife dies and his young daughter Molly becomes speechless and introverted. Manny hires sassy housekeeper Corrina Washington to help Molly overcome her situation. She persuades Molly out of her shell. Corrina’s friendship makes Molly happy alongside infuriating the other townspeople.
Two Corrupt cops contrive a seemingly perfect money-making plan. They seize drugs from drug dealers and kill them. The plan was going perfectly well until they kill an undercover DEA agent posing as a dealer, and then try to cover up their crime.
A Home at the End of the world
Johnathan, Clare, and Bobby are three friends. The 1st one is gay, the 2nd one is straight and the 3rd one is neither gay nor straight. The story of the three friends’ strong yet fragile friendship is shown.
Jack McKee is a successful and rich doctor with hardly any problems…….Things change as he is diagnosed with throat cancer –now he sees the world from a patient’s perspective.
Matt Ryder is convinced to drive his estranged and dying father Benjamin Ryder cross country to the last lab in the world that can develop them before it shuts down for good. Along with Ben’s nurse Zooey, the three navigate a world changing from analog to digital while trying to put the past behind them.
In the Antarctic, Dr. Davis McClaren conducts an expedition. After the expedition, the sled dog trainer has to depart from the base for a heavy snowstorm. He leaves all his dogs behind to be rescued later but the mission is called off and the dogs are left alone.
Paige and Leo are a happily married couple but things change when Paige meets with an accident that puts him into a life-threatening coma.
Richard Martin buys a gift, a new NDR – 114 robot which is named Andrew by the youngest of the family’s children It was programmed to perform menial tasks but as Andrew begins to experience emotions and creative thought, the Martin family soon discovers they don’t have an ordinary robot.
Movies List :
- Skullduggery (Barbara /Dorigen /1983)
- Whodunit? (Elizabeth/1986)
- Mark of Cain (Dale /1986)
- The Doctor (Dr. Leslie Abbott /1991)
- Folks! (Audrey Aldrich / 1992)
- The Good Son (Susan Evans/1993)
- Corrina,Corrina (Jenny Davis /1994)
- The Santa Clause (Laura Calvin Miller /1994)
- To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday (Kevin Dollof /1996)
- Air Force One (First Lady Grace Marshall /1997 )
- Gang Related (District Attorney Helen Eden /1997)
- The Eighteenth Angel (Norah Stanton /1997)
- Where’s Marlowe ?(Dr. Ninki Bregman /1998)
- Sleeping Dogs Lie (Theresa Small/1998)
- Better Than Chocolate (Lila /1999)
- Question of Privilege ( Gail Sterling /1999)
- Escape Velocity (Billie/1999)
- Bicentennial Man (Rachel “Ma’ am” Martin/1999)
- Mercy (Bernadine Mello/2000)
- What Lies Beneath (Elena/2001)
- The 6th Day (Natalie Gibson/2001)
- Suddenly Naked (Jackie York /2001)
- Between Strangers (Amanda Trent /2002)
- Perfect Pie (Patsy Willets /2002)
- The Santa Clause 2 (Laura Calvin Miller /2002)
- The clearing (Louise Miller /2004)
- A Home at the End of the world (Isabel Marrow/2004)
- Niagara Motel (Lily /2005)
- Eight Below (Eve McClaren /2006)
- The Covenant (Evelyn Danvers/2006)
- Away from Her (Madeleine Montpellier /2006)
- Who Loves the Sun (Mary Bloom /2006)
- The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause (Laura Calvin Miller/2006)
- The Seeker (Mary Stanton /2007)
- Formosa Betrayed (Susan Kane /2009)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Endings (Goldie White /2010)
- Winnie Mandela (Mary Botha /2011)
- The Vow (Dr. Fishman /2012)
- Antiviral (Mira Tesser /2012)
- Fall (Sheila/2014)
- Into the Forest (Mom /2015)
- Room (Talk Show Hostess/2015)
- Death Wish (Dr. Jill Klavens /2018)
- Kodachrome (Aunt Sarah /2018)
- On the Basis of Sex (Harriet Griswold /2018)
- From the Vine (Marina Gentile/2019)
- The Nest (Allison’s Mum/2020)
- The Kid Detective (Mrs. Applebaum/2020)
In addition to her work in numerous movies, she is also remarkable for her TV Shows.
TV Shows :
- War Brides (Kate /1980)
- Mazes and Monsters ( kate Finch/1982)
- Heartsounds (Judy /1984)
- The Guardian (Marlee Kramer /1984)
- Murder in Space (Irene Tremayne /1985)
- Murder: By Reason of Insanity (Irene Tremayne/1985)
- My Father, My Rival (Hilah /1985)
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Shooting Star (Michelle Benti /1986)
- A Hobo’s Christmas (Laurie /1987)
- Covert Action (Jessica/1987)
- Spies, Lies & Naked Thighs (Evelyn /1988)
- Getting Married in Buffalo Jump (Sophie Ware /1990)
- I’ll Never Get to Heaven (Cassie Stewart/1992)
- To Save the Children (Dorsei Young/1994)
- Lives of Girls & Women (Ada Jordan /1994)
- Frostfire (Victoria Renko /1994)
- Spenser: The Judas Goat (Susan Silverman/1994)
- Spenser: A Savage Place (Susan Silverman/1995)
- Ebbie (Roberta “Robbie” Cratchet /1995)
- At the End of the Day: The Sue Rodriguez Story (Sue Rodriguez / 1998)
- Summer’s End (Virginia Baldwin /1999)
- Love and Murder (Joanne Kilbourn /2000)
- Deadly Appearances (Joanne Kilbourn / 2000)
- The Wandering Soul Murders (Joanne Kilbourn/2001)
- A Colder Kind of Death (Joanne/2001)
- The Last Brickmaker in America (Karen /2001)
- The Many Trials of one Jane Doe (Jane Doe /2002)
- A killing Spring (Joanne Kilbourn /2002)
- Verdict in Blood (Joanne Kilbourn/2002)
- The Matthew Shepard Story (Sarah/2002)
- The Elfkins First Christmas (Grazellda / 2002)
- An Unexpected Love (McNally “Mac” Hays /2003)
- The Many Trials of one Jane Doe (Jane Doe / 2003)
- The Piano Man’s Daughter (Ede Kilwarth /2003)
- Twelve Mile Road (Angela Landis /2003)
- Jack (Elaine Burka /2004)
- Hunt for Justice [de] (Louise Arbour /2005)
- The Man Who Lost Himself (Lorraine Evanshen /2005)
- The Robber Bride (Roz Andrews /2007)
- Jack (Anne McGrath /2013)
- Under the Christmas Tree (Isabella Beltran /2021)
Wendy Crewson Net worth:
She has a net worth that is estimated at around 23 million USD (approx/as of 2022)