Rachel McAdams is a Canadian actress who came to the fore with her appearances in the contemporary box-office hit movies like Mean Girls, The Time Travellers Wife, Sherlock Holmes, The Vow, Spot Light, and many more.
Table of Contents
Rachel McAdams Biography:
Rachel McAdams was born on November 17 1978 in London, Ontario, Canada. She is now about 44 years old. Her father Lance worked as a mover whereas her mother Sandra worked as a nurse.
They brought up Rachel and her younger siblings- sister Kayleen McAdams and brother Daniel McAdams with utmost care.
When Rachel was barely 4 years old, she started figure skating and then started competing against other Canadians until she turned 18. According to her confession, she couldn’t feel as confident on skates as she used to feel on her school’s stage.
At the age of 12, She viewed a children’s theatre group performance and expressed her desire to become a part of that group. Her parents fully supported her ambitions and eventually, she joined the kids’ theatre in her hometown. While she was studying in High School, she got the opportunity to appear in several local productions.
After completing her school, she was admitted to York University in Toronto, Canada. She continued to appear in numerous stage performances and student productions alongside her studies at the university.
Rachel McAdams Movies and Tv shows:
Before appearing on the giant silver screen, she showed up in numerous TV Shows but between 2007- 8 she officially began her professional acting career. In 2007 she appeared in ‘ Married Life ‘ followed by The Lucky ones but both these movies failed miserably at the box office.
Then in 2009 her appearance in the movie ‘ The Time Travellers’ Wife as Clare Abshire established her in the industry. After that, she continued to appear in several box-hit movies.
During this time Sherlock Holmes was released and became one of the highest-grossing films of that year. Rachel was a part of that movie.
Moreover, she received a nomination for the Screen Actors Guild award for her outstanding performance in Morning Glory (2010)and Woody Allan’s Midnight in Paris (2011).
Next in 2012, she showed up in the drama film ‘ The Vow ‘ which was based on the true story of a husband Channing Tatum who tried to rebuild his relationship with his wife after a car crash injury. The movie grossed nearly 196 million dollars worldwide and became her biggest box office success.
After that, she went on to get featured in the romantic drama To The Wonder (2012), and then she showed up in the erotic thriller Passion (2012) and again appeared in the romantic Comedy About Time (2013).
In 2014 she showed up in the espionage thriller A Most Wanted Man. In 2015 she acted in Aloha and South Paw. Then she played the role of reporter Sacha Pfeiffer in the drama film entitled Spotlight.
The movie depicts how a team of dedicated Boston Globe reporters uncovers the Catholic Church abuse sex scandal. She received the first Oscar nomination of her career for her outstanding performance in the movie.
In 2015 Rachael started to play the role of a detective in HBO’s True Detective and also voiced the role of the mother in the animated film version of The Little Prince. In 2016 she was cast opposite Benedict Cumberbatch in the superhero blockbuster movie Dr.Strange.
After that, in 2017 she appeared in the sexually charged drama film Disobedience, and then she was cast opposite Jason Bateman in Game Night in 2018.
Rachel McAdams Movies List :
- My Name is Tanino (Sally Garfield /2002)
- Perfect Pie (Patsy Grady (age 15)/2002)
- The Hot Chick (Jessica Spencer / Clive Maxtone /2002)
- Mean Girls (Regina George/2004)
- The Notebook (Allison “Allie” Hamilton/2004)
- Wedding Crashers (Claire Clearly /2005)
- Red Eye (Lisa Reisert /2005)
- The Family Stone (Amy Stone/2005)
- Married Life (Kay Nesbitt /2007)
- The Lucky Ones (Colee Dunn /2008)
- State of Play (Della Frye /2009)
- The Time Traveler’s Wife (Clare Abshire /2009)
- Sherlock Holmes (Irene Adler /2009)
- Morning Glory (Becky Fuller /2010)
- Midnight in Paris (Inez /2011)
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows ( Irene Adler/2011)
- The Vow (Paige Collins /2012)
- Passion (Christine Stanford/ 2012)
- To the Wonder (Jane /2012)
- About Time (Mary /2013)
- A Most Wanted Man (Annabel Richter /2014)
- Every Things Will Be Fine (Sara /2015)
- The Little Prince (The Mother (voice)/2015)
- Aloha (Tracy Woodside /2015)
- Southpaw (Maureen Hope/2015)
- Spotlight (Sacha Pfeiffer/2015)
- Doctor Strange (Christine Palmer /2016)
- Disobedience (Esti Kuperman /2017)
- Game Night (Annie Davis / 2018)
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (Sigrit Ericksdottir / 2020)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Christine Palmer &Her Variant)
Rachel McAdams Upcoming Movie:
- Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret (Barbara Silmon /2023)
TV shows :
- Shotgun Love Dolls (Beth Swanson /2001)
- The Famous Jett Jackson (Hannah Grant /2001)
- Earth: Final Conflict (Christine Bickwell /2002)
- Guilt by Association (Danielle Mason/2002)
- Slings & Arrows (Kate McNab / 2003 – 2005)
- True Detective (Detective Antigone “Ani” Bezzerides /2015)
- Explained (Narrator/2018)
- What If……? (Christine Palmer (voice) /2021).
Who is Rachel McAdams Married to? (Dating History) :
The actress started to date a screenwriter named Jamie Linden in the fall of 2016 and then they got married. Rachel’s firstborn was delivered in 2018.
Rachel McAdams Networth:
She has a net worth that is estimated at around 9 million USD (as of 2022).