Jim Carrey (James Eugene Carrey), a Canadian-American actor was born on January 17, 1962, in New Market, Ontario, Canada. His parents were Percy Joseph Carrey and Kathleen Carrey. His mother was a homemaker and his father was an accountant and Jazz musician.
Jim rose to prominence in the early ’90s.In movies like ‘Dumb and Dumber ‘ (1994) and ‘Liar Liar ‘ (1997) he redefined and popularized ‘Silly Slapstick humor’ (i.e. comedy based on deliberately clumsy actions and humorously embarrassing events). The movies became instant box office hits and are marked as cult classics.
Table of Contents
Jim Carrey Movies List:
- Rubber face (1981 TV movie/ IMDB ratings ☆3.3/ Genre-Comedy, drama)
- Copper Mountain (1983 TV Movie/IMDB ratings ☆2.3 / Genre-Comedy, Music)
- All in Good Taste (1983/IMDB ratings ☆3.1 Genre-Comedy)
- Finders Keepers (1984/IMDB ratings ☆5.4 Genre-Comedy)
- Once Bitten (1985 IMDB ratings ☆5.6 Genre-Comedy, Drama, Fantasy)
- Peggy Sue Got Married (1986/IMDB ratings ☆6.4, Genre-Comedy, Drama, fantasy)
- The Dead Pool (1988/IMDB ratings ☆6.3 Genre -Action, Crime, Mystery)
- Earth Girls are Easy (1988 /IMDB ratings ☆5.4 Genre-Comedy, Musical romance)
- Mike Hammeri: Murders Take All (1989 TV Movie/ IMDB ratings:☆6.3 / Genre-Crime, Mystery, Thriller)
- Pin Cadillac (1989/ IMDB ratings ☆5.4/ Genre-Comedy,action,crime).
- High Strung (1992 IMDB ratings ☆6.7/ Genre-Comedy)
- Doing Time on Maple Drive (1992 TV Movie/ IMDB ratings ☆6.9/ Genre-Comedy)
- Ace Venture: Pet Detective (1994 /IMDB ratings ☆6.9 /Genre-Comedy)
- The Mask (1994/IMDB ratings ☆6.9 /Genre-Comedy, Action, Crime)
- Dumb and Dumber (1994/IMDB ratings ☆7.3/ Genre-Comedy)
- Batman Forever (1995/ IMDB ratings ☆5.4 Genre-Comedy).
- The Cable Guy (1996/ IMDB ratings ☆6.1 / Genre-Comedy, Drama, Thriller).
- Liar Liar ( 1997/ IMDB ratings 6.9/ Genre-Comedy, fantasy).
- The Truman Show (1998/ IMDB ratings 8.1/Genre-Comedy, Drama).
- Man On the Moon (1999/ IMDB ratings* 7.4 / Genre-Comedy, Biography, Drama).
- Me , Myself & Irene ( 2000/ IMDB ratings ☆ 6.6 / Genre-Comedy)
- The Majestic (2001/ IMDB ratings ☆ 6.9/ Genre-Drama,Romance).
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas ( 2000/ IMDB ratings ☆ 6.2/ Genre-Comedy, family, fantasy) .
- Bruce Almighty (2003/ IMDB ratings ☆6.8/ Genre-Comedy, fantasy)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind (2004/ IMDB ratings ☆8.3/Genre-Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi)
- The Number 23 (2007/ IMDB ratings ☆6.4/ Genre-Crime? Mystery, Thriller).
- Fun with Dick and Jane (2005/ Genre-Comedy, Crime/ IMDB ratings ☆ 6.2).
- A Series of Unfortunate Events ( 2004/ Genre-Comedy, Adventure, Family).
- Yes Man (2008/ IMDB ratings ☆6.8/ Genre-Comedy, Romance)
- A Christmas Carol ( 2009 / IMDB ratings ☆ 6.8/ Genre-Comedy, Adventure, Animation)
- Mr.Popper’s Penguins (2011 / IMDB ratings ☆6 / Genre-Comedy, fantasy, family)
- Horton Hears a Who! (2008/ IMDB ratings ☆6.8/ Genre-Comedy, Animation/ Adventure).
( Movie sequence (year wise) and ratings courtesy IMDB)
Jim Carrey Best Movies:
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000/ Director: Ron Howard/ Main Cast: Jim Carrey, Taylor Momsen, Kelly/ Runtime: 104 minutes)
- Liar Liar ( 1997/ Director: Tom Shadyac / Main Cast: J.Carrey, Maura, Tierney, Amanda Donohoe/ Runtime: 86 minutes)
- Ace Venture: Pet Detective ( 1994/ Director: Tom Shadyac/ Main Cast: J.Carrey, Courteney Cox, Sean Young/ Runtime: 86 minutes).
- The Mask ( 1994/ Director: Chuck Russell/ Main Cast: J. Carrey, Cameron Diaz, Peter Riegert/ Runtime: 101 minutes)
- Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls ( 1995 / Director: Steve Oedekerk / Main Cast: J. Carrey, Ian McNeice, Simon Callow/ Runtime: 90 minutes)
- Man on the Moon ( 1999/ Director: Milos Forman/ Main Cast: J.Carrey, Danny DeVito, Gerry Becker/ Runtime: 118 minutes).
- Dumb and Dumber ( 1994/ Directors: Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly / Main Cast: J.Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Lauren Holly / Runtime: 107 minutes)
- Jim and Andy: The Great Beyond— Featuring a very special, Contractually Obliged Mention of Tony Clifton (2017 / Director: Chris Smith/ Main Cast: J.Carrey, Danny DeVito, Milos Forman/ IMDB ratings ☆7.7 / Runtime: 94 minutes)
- The Truman Show ( 1998/ Director: Peter Weir/ Main Cast: J. Carrey, Ed Harris, Laura Linney/ IMDB ratings ☆8.1/ Runtime: 103 minutes.)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind ( 2004/ Director: Michel Gondry/ Main Cast: J.Carrey, Kate Winslet, Tom Wilkinson/ IMDB ratings ☆8.3/ Runtime: 108 minutes).
Jim Carrey Best Comedy Movies :
According to IMDB his best Comedy Movies are–
1. The Truman Show.
2. Man on the Moon.
3. Dumb and Dumber.
4. The Mask.
5. Liar Lair.
6. Sonic The Hedgehog.
7. Yes Man.
8. Lemon Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
9. Bruce Almighty.
10. Me, Myself &Irene.
Jim Carrey Latest & Upcoming Movies :
- The Bad Batch (2016).
- Dark Crimes (2016).
- Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond (2017).
- Won’t Be My Neighbor? (2018).
- Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind (2018).
- The Zen Diaries Of Garry Shandling (2018).
- Kathy Griffin: A Hell Of A Story (2019).
- Sonic Hedgehog (2020). And Sonic Hedgehog 2 is set to release in 2022.
Jim Carrey Quotes:
we often seek motivation to get our focus back. When our normal motivation gets lapsed, a quote can offer inspiration to fill the gap. Indeed, Jim Carrey’s life is an inspiration for many of us and his quotes, too, are inspiring:
“I use to feel like a guy experiencing the world. Now I feel like the world and the universe experiencing a guy “.
“You can fail at what you don’t want so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love “.
“Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them. ”
“So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality”
“Depression is your body saying FU☆☆ you. I don’t want to be this character anymore .”
“Your body needs to be depressed. It needs deep rest from the character that you’ve been trying to play “.
“Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world .”
” Risk being seen in all of your glory.”
“I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire, faith leaps over it.”
“If you give up on your dreams, what’s left”
“Eventually you’re going to have to let the armor go”.
When Jim Carrey was a kid he used to seek people’s attention by pulling faces and doing voices. At the age of just 10, he wrote a letter to Carol Burnett of the Carol Burnett Show where he minutely explained to her that his expressions would make him a perfect candidate for the Show but he did not got any positive response from them. This rejection, however, could not stop him from reaching the stars. Jim used to work hard on his act to make it perfect and acceptable.
When Jim was only 14, his father lost his job and this resulted in the family’s becoming homeless and living in a van temporarily.
Despite the setback, Jim’s father was keen to support him and as a result, his father and his two siblings would make ends meet with janitorial work.
Eventually, the family was able to move into a house again.
Jim was slowly but steadily polishing his acting skills and he started to dedicate more time to his craft.
Jim was devastated when his mother passed away in 1991. His father, too, died just three years later.
His performances at the comedy store A Support Slot for Rodney Dangerfield and early TV shows like ‘The Duck Factory ‘ and of course, a regular spot on in ‘Living Color Karen’ helped him a lot to reach his present position.
His monumental roles in ‘ Ace Venture: Pet Detective, ‘ The Mask’, and ‘Dumb and Dumber ‘ made him immensely successful.
In 1987 Jim Carrey married actress Melissa Wilmer but the couple divorced in 1995.
Jim also married his co-star Lauren Holly but this marriage, too, was ephemeral (lasted less than a year). He was also briefly engaged to Renee Zellweger. In 2005 he met model and actress Jenny McCarthy whom he dated until 2010.
In fact, his relationship with McCarthy who was a great supporter of ‘Anti-Vaxxer’ movement attracted the attention of press and he had to face heavy criticism.
In 2012 He met Catriona White, a makeup artist, and a new chapter of controversy opened in Jim’s life.
As a result, he became depressed.
Jim went to public confessing about his struggles with depression. He surrounded himself with a spiritual lifestyle ensuring that he should stay true to himself through meditation and self-reflection.
In his recent interviews, he manifested his views on life which can be credited to his spiritualism.
It is evident that he no longer cares about playing the person everyone wants to see.
Finally, He is much happier in his work doing what he wants.
|NAME||James Eugene Carry|
|Jim Carrey Age||60 Years|
|HAIR COLOUR||Dark Brown|
|NET WORTH||his net worth is estimated to be around $180 million(approx)|
|SIBLING||John Carrey (Elder Brother) Patricia Carrey Fournier (older sister) Rita Carrey (Older Sister)|
|DAUGHTER||Jane Erin Carrey|
|HOUSE||California ($14 million approx)|
|CARS||Mercedes AMGSL63, Lamborghini|