Ajay Thakur is an Indian professional kabaddi player and the former captain of the Indian national kabaddi team. He is known for his aggressive raiding style and his signature move, the frog jump. Thakur has won numerous awards, including the Arjuna Award and the Padma Shri. He is considered to be one of the greatest kabaddi players of all time.
Table of Contents
Ajay Thakur Biography:
Ajay Thakur was born on May 1, 1986, in Dabhota village in Nalagarh, Himachal Pradesh. He started playing kabaddi at a young age and was inspired by his cousin, Rakesh, who was also a kabaddi player. Thakur joined the Indian Railways Sports Promotion Board in 2005 and quickly rose through the ranks.
- Real Name: Ajay Thakur
- Nick Name: Ajay
- Profession: DSP, Kabaddi Player
Physical Stats & More
- Height: 6’1″ Feet
- Weight: 76 kg
- Chest- 44 Inches
- Waist- 38 Inches
- Biceps- 14 Biceps
- Eye Colour: Black
- Hair Colour: Black
- Date of Birth: 1 May 1986
- Age (as of 2023) :37 Years
- Birth Place : Nalagarh, Himachal Pradesh
- Nationality: Indian
- Home Town: Nalagarh, Himachal Pradesh
- Current City: Shimla
- School: Not Available
- College: Shimla University – AGU
- Educational Qualification: Graduate
- Debut (PKL): Pro Kabaddi League (Season 1)
- Mother : Rajinder Kaur
- Father: Chhotu Ram (Former ASI)
- Wife: Not Known
- Daughter: Veerja & Shanaya.
Address: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Hobbies: Traveling, Workout
Kabaddi: Jersey Number #7
- Bengaluru Bulls (Season 1,2)
- Puneri Paltan (Seoson 3,4)
- Tamil Thalaivas (Season 5,6,7)
Nature on the field: Aggressive
Signature Move: Frog Jump
Ajay Thakur (Kabaddi Player) Age, Height, Weight:
Ajay Thakur is now about 37 years old (age as of 2023). He is approximately 6’1” tall and his approximate body weight is 76 kg.
Thakur made his international debut in 2007 at the Asian Indoor Games, where he helped India win the gold medal. He also won a gold medal at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games in 2013. In 2014, Thakur was a key member of the Indian team that won the gold medal at the Asian Games. He was also named the captain of the Indian team in 2017.
Thakur has also been a successful player in the Pro Kabaddi League. He was the highest scorer in the inaugural season of the league and has been a consistent performer ever since. In 2019, Thakur was named the captain of the Tamil Thalaivas team.
Awards and Honors
- Arjuna Award (2016)
- Padma Shri (2019)
- Gold medal at the Asian Indoor Games (2007)
- Gold medal in Kabaddi at the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games (2013)
- Gold medal at the Asian Games (2014)
- Gold medal at the Asian Kabaddi Championship (2017)
Ajay Thakur Wife:
He is married to Sandeep Rana and they have two daughters, Veerja and Shanaya. He is a graduate of Shimla University.
Ajay Thakur has not been involved in any major controversies during his career.
Ajay Thakur is active on social media and has a large following on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Ajay Thakur is considered to be one of the greatest kabaddi players of all time. He has won numerous awards and honors and has been a key member of the Indian national team for many years. Thakur is an inspiration to young kabaddi players all over the world.
Here are some facts about Ajay Thakur:
- In his debut season in the Pro Kabaddi League, Thakur was the fourth most successful raider.
- He led the Tamil Thalaivas in Seasons 5, 6, and 7.
- He was also a key player in the Indian kabaddi team.
- In the final of the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup, Thakur scored a Super 10 against Iran.
- He is currently posted as a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) in Himachal Pradesh, the same department in which his father served as an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
- His father was always supportive of his kabaddi career and was also a national kabaddi player.